Content Marketing, Meet Organizational Consulting
Nov 6, 2014
Hey we’re excited to welcome you to Centerline’s newest member of the family: Centerline Consulting. We’re glad you’re here. We have so much to share with you.
We have launched a marketing/organizational consulting service that focuses on people and process, digital transformation and simplification to modernize marketing organizations.
We want to work with marketing organizations who seek a leaner, faster and more simplified approach to accomplish smarter, more modernized and adaptive marketing.
Where does our experience come from? Centerline is already known for providing content strategy, creation and activation for some of the world’s most powerful brands: IBM, Google, GE and Lowe’s Home Improvement, just to name a few. This experience revealed to us that organizations can be even more successful when we help them be more adaptive to the ever-changing and modern marketing world.
So starting today, we are taking the next step and offering organizational consulting.
Our purpose is to help marketing leaders proactively modernize their marketing organizations. Why?
Because we keep seeing consistent patterns in marketing orgs that are underperforming;
- People and process should be at the nucleus of all marketing issues but too often, these dimensions are critically undervalued.
- Technology and tools, (i.e.: software, cloud services) aren’t the sole solution.
- As complexity increases, and the understanding that change is needed, management is likely to become paralyzed. Simplification is desired but roadmapping it feels impossible.
- Prioritization is missing, or at the very least lacking alignment to broader enterprise objectives which disenfranchises marketing from the executive team and the board.
- There is a palpable lack of accountability.
- Decisions are rooted in too many disparate silos with no clear path to collaboration.
If you’re like most, you likely recognize some of these challenges.
Our approach addresses these common challenges and acknowledges that marketers today require a higher performance organization. It also acknowledges that those who can figure out how to blend messaging, positioning, customer experience, storytelling, analytics and measurement into a manageable, repeatable and predictable system, can most likely get whatever budget they want so long as there is demonstrable return on their ideas and investment. Our purpose, at its core, is to help them design and build the optimal organization that can deliver on that.
We simply love the challenge to help companies modernize and excel. Centerline has been working inside marketing organizations for almost 20 years. We plan to take full advantage of our experience creating and activating smart content for smart teams that will help enterprise marketing organizations meet their goals. The plan is to extend our reach, capabilities and enterprise marketing knowledge in a way that adds value to our clients and helps all of us grow.
So, the following are a few questions for you to contemplate. These are some of the questions that got us started and more importantly, they’re indicators of the addressable challenges we have encountered and can help you solve.
- How can the content we create deliver relevant experiences at scale?
- How can we collaborate most effectively with other departments within our organization?
- How should we collaborate most effectively with external agencies/partners?
- How do we best balance technology, process and creative for optimal measured output?
- How do we meet the executive sponsorship imperative?
- How do successful companies repurpose their existing content to get into market faster and more effectively?
- How can we gain the right internal support for multi-channel marketing programs?
- What investment is involved in transforming our marketing organization?
- What level of granularity makes most sense for our KPIs and metrics?
- How do we prepare for the future of content talent?
- How should our content team be built and how much will it cost?
- Who do we hire to create a modern and thriving marketing organization?
- How can we use our data to solve complex problems?
- How can we simplify our process to allow for agility with the ever-changing marketing landscape?
- How can we create an organization that inspires creativity, innovation and autonomy?
- What are leading practices in executing content marketing flawlessly with a mix of internal and external resources?
- How do companies like ours measure content efficacy? How do we know it’s working or not? If not, how do we change direction without loosing our shirt?
- How can a modernized marketing org increase leads and sales/deals?
- How do we get the most from smaller teams? Is it even possible?
- How will you help me execute marketing that’s valued at the executive and board level?
- What’s the difference between marketing transformation and marketing org modernization?
If what you just read resonated and you want to talk with our consulting team about these questions or others, please feel comfortable contacting us. We’d love to chat.