In The Making – Ep. 8 – The road to conversion copywriting with Joel Klettke
Sep 22, 2015
In this episode of In The Making, I talked to Joel Klettke, owner of Business Casual Copywriting, a conversion-based copywriting company that he started a little over two years ago. Joel and I discussed his background and how he sees copywriting as a mesh of creativity and science/analytics.
We also discuss the challenges of running a digital marketing business in his native Alberta, Canada, and he shares some advice about how content strategists can be better friends to copywriters. Stick around until the end for Joel’s take on the 2015-16 Calgary Flames. (Spoiler alert: he’s optimistic!)
Sound bite from this episode:
“We’re entering a time where people are really waking up to the fact that these sort of bucketed, siloed, disciplines don’t really exist in practice.”
– Joel Klettke, @JoelKlettke
- In the Making: Episode 7 – Content Strategy in Higher Education with Amanda Costello
- In the Making: Episode 6 – The ever-changing role of the content strategist
- In the Making: Episode 5 – Entrepreneurship in Content Strategy with Mike King
- In the Making: Episode 4 – CX vs. UX, The Hawthorne Effect and Change Management
- In the Making: Episode 3 – Featuring Content Strategist Greg Harbinson
- In the Making: Episode 2 – Featuring UX Strategist Greg Harron
- In the Making: Episode 1 – Featuring Junior UX Designers Jillian Cairco and Joe Bond
Subscribe on iTunes here.
I’m a content strategist with an affinity for user experience design and information architecture. My parents think I’m a web developer.