In The Making: Episode 12 – Vertical Transitions with James Callan
Nov 17, 2015
In this episode I talk to James Callan. James is a Senior UX and Content Strategist at interactive agency, Substance. Like me, James started as a copywriter, and has increasingly moved more into the realm of content strategy and UX as his career has progressed.
James has recently gone through a number of transitions, including moving from working in-house as a content strategist at Sur La Table in Seattle to working at an Portland-based agency focused on adventure brands. Listen in as we talk about how change — in place, in focus, in discipline — affects how we approach and understand our work.
If you would like to be notified when new episodes of In The Making are published, please leave your email address below.
- In the Making: Episode 11 – Finding the Voices of Work and Self with Georgy Cohen
- In the Making: Episode 10 – Bridging UX and Marketing with Jess Hutton
- In the Making: Episode 9 – Writing as a Design Discipline featuring Michael Metts
- In the Making: Episode 8 – The road to conversion copywriting with Joel Klettke
- In the Making: Episode 7 – Content Strategy in Higher Education with Amanda Costello
- In the Making: Episode 6 – The ever-changing role of the content strategist
- In the Making: Episode 5 – Entrepreneurship in Content Strategy with Mike King
- In the Making: Episode 4 – CX vs. UX, The Hawthorne Effect and Change Management
- In the Making: Episode 3 – Featuring Content Strategist Greg Harbinson
- In the Making: Episode 2 – Featuring UX Strategist Greg Harron
- In the Making: Episode 1 – Featuring Junior UX Designers Jillian Cairco and Joe Bond
Subscribe on iTunes here.
I’m a content strategist with an affinity for user experience design and information architecture. My parents think I’m a web developer.