Tools We Use: Evernote
*[Disclaimer: Evernote was used in the creation of this post]
It doesn’t get much more personal than your notebook. You know the one – it’s full of client notes, to-do lists, creative ideas, sketches, and pretty much everything else you might need during the course of your day. But no matter how much you love your notebook, you have to admit it does have some limitations.
As days get busier and integrated workflows become critical to enhancing collaboration and creativity, the tools we use become essential – particularly in our busy account department, a group that is often juggling multiple projects and initiatives.
That’s why we love Evernote.
Like most project management professionals, we structure our day around a series of action items, emails, agendas & calendar appointments.
Considering all the information gathered and shared on any given day – not to mention the various formats to keep track of – Evernote is a lifesaver for keeping it all in once place. It acts as a virtual notebook – at your fingertips anytime, anywhere – allowing you to keep a log of all conversations, to-do lists, ideas, reminders and, most importantly, priorities from one day to the next.
We all want to be more productive, but there are endless roadblocks that can get in the way at any given time. Fortunately, Evernote helps simplify the workflow into one central location.
• Create and save notes on the go (Evernote app can even be downloaded on smartwatches and smart glasses!)
Many business analysts say the key to increased productivity is effective communication, especially when several team members are involved in one project. Evernote makes it easy to stay well connected and informed.
• Record your meetings so you don’t miss a beat!
Since teams are running a million miles a minute (fueled of course by caffeine and the next big challenge), the need to share information is mission critical. With Evernote our creative teams can share ideas and research at the click of a button.
• Send your notes via email directly from Evernote.
Here’s a wrap-up of why our teams can’t get through a day without it:
• Easy to use – ready, set, type!
• Keep track & check-off your daily to-do list
• Recording functionality
• Seamless ability to share your notes via email
• Categorize & customize notebooks to fit your needs
• Add & upload files directly to your notes so it’s all in one place
• Quick access to your custom Shortcuts & Recent Notes
• Syncs automatically across all devices
• Formatting can sometimes get wonky when copy/pasting from Evernote to Gmail
• Can’t export as a Word doc to share with other project teams
About Michelle: I’ve never meet a person I didn’t want to know more about. People are fascinating and everyone has a unique story to tell. Luckily my husband finds my curiosity and borderline nosiness inspiring. Outside of work I Iove to travel, as it allows me to explore the vast cultures in our global community.
About Vanessa: When I’m not at Centerline, you’ll either find me at home with my husband & black lab, testing out new recipes in the kitchen, exploring the beautiful state of NC, or kicking back with a glass of wine making my latest to-do list 🙂
Thanks to Jennifer McMinn, senior project manager, and Taylor Manzo, project manager, for also contributing their Evernote-love to this post!